Children's Centres are an exciting new initiative as the next stage in the ongoing development of Sure Start Programmes.
The Children’s Centre programme is based on the concept that providing integrated education with childcare, family support and health services are key factors in achieving good outcomes for children and parents.
To view information about other Children's Centres in the local area select the Other Centres link top right of the page.
We offer the following services for children under five and their families:
Education and Childcare
- Signposting to Early education and day care for children from 6 months to 5 years
- Minimum of 48 weeks per year
- Up to 10 hours per day, 5 days per week (Mon - Fri)
- Lots of family fun and learning opportunities such as stay and play sessions, music and song, story times, baby clubs and special events
- Childminder services attached to the centre
Family Support and Outreach work
Support, advice and information for parents aimed at giving children the best possible start in life. This can be provided in your own home or at the centres and is given by qualified family support staff:
- Information on and access to local services for children under five and their families
- Access to a dedicated under fives outreach worker
Child and Family Health Services
Healthcare workers on site to support access to a range of healthcare services such as:
Workshops and advice on:
- Speech & Language Therapy
- Smoking Cessation
- Community Midwifery
- Health Visiting
- Antenatal & Postnatal classes
- Healthy Eating
- Health & Safety
Links to Jobcentres and Training Providers
Co-ordinated services including:
Training may be supported by Crèche facilities or funded approved childcare.
- Advice on entering the workforce
- Personal chats with New Deal advisors
- Group sessions with advisors
- Basic skills training
- Accredited training